Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Mediterranean Way

Today was a lazy day. Dint want to cook anything elaborate. But wanted a filling iftar for my family and myself. Something Arabic. So ... I decided to make Arayees. The quick and filling Arabic sandwich.

I quickly made my way to my local butcher, got half a kg ground mutton, grabbed a bunch of parsley and fresh pita bread (khuboos) on the way back home. Had the remaining ingredients at home.

All I did was add all the ingredients together in my food processor, slit open my bread, spread the mix and put it on my electric grill. That simple!

It dint stop there for me. I went into CookathoN mode! As expected!

I was going the Mediterranean way, so why not go all the way?
The only thing that popped into my mind was the ever-so-popular Hammous.

 The dish that started out as a condiment for Arabic food has very quickly become the must have in BBQ parties, buffet spreads or even just a regular dip for out pita breads. Made up of chickpea and sesame seed paste, this dish blends very well with the Indian/Pakistani kebabs.

Try using it as a sandwich spread instead of the regular mayonnaise. Its just as creamy and has a bit of a tang. Use as a dip for chips, kebabs, or just regular pita. You cant go wrong with this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment